ACIST Medical Systems, Inc. (“ACIST”) shares its heartfelt empathy with the communities impacted worldwide by COVID-19. As the world responds to this pandemic, we remain committed to supporting you to ensure that the vital work of delivering new therapies to patients continues.
At ACIST, we are taking precautions to protect the health and safety of our employees and their families, our customers, patients and communities. Click here to view our full response to how we are handling COVID-19 and product specific cleaning letters.
See how COVID-19 affects the kidneys
COVID-19 + Kidney Health: Top Clinical Data
Clinical studies on the short and long-term impact of COVID-19 are being published daily. There is a large body of clinical evidence published on COVID-19 and kidney health. The following is a summary based on a review of the publications cited by the National Kidney Foundation, CDC, and other professional societies.
A meta-analysis of over 30 studies demonstrates that COVID-19 is
has been observed in COVID-19 patients, even among non-elderly, otherwise healthy adults.2
Among COVID-19 patients, there is a
AKI is stronglyin COVID-19 patients.1,4,5
and it is uncertain how many will regain their kidney function.6 According to the National Kidney Foundation, after COVID-19 recovery, these patients are at
Before COVID-19, ~30% of patients presenting for coronary angiography procedures were at
With the impact of COVID-19, this population may increase, as COVID-19 survivors who experienced AKI or blood and/or protein in their urine are at an
These are some of the current top clinical studies. Find links below to the full article.
We will continue to update the studies as they become available.
- Wang, Xinhui, et al. “Comorbid Chronic Diseases and Acute Organ Injuries Are Strongly Correlated with Disease Severity and Mortality among COVID-19 Patients: A Systemic Review and Meta-Analysis.” Research 2020 (2020): 2402961. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7187729/
- National Kidney Foundation, https://www.kidney.org/coronavirus/kidney-disease-covid-19
- Shi, Shaobo, et al. “Association of cardiac injury with mortality in hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China.” JAMA cardiology (2020). https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/article-abstract/2763524
- Zhou, Fei, et al. “Clinical course and risk factors for mortality of adult inpatients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China: a retrospective cohort study.” The lancet (2020). https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673620305663
- Yang, Xiaobo, et al. “Clinical course and outcomes of critically ill patients with SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a single-centered, retrospective, observational study.” The Lancet Respiratory Medicine (2020). https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213260020300795
- Johns Hopkins, https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-kidney-damage-caused-by-covid19
- Tsai T, et al., Contemporary Incidence, Predictors, and Outcomes of Acute Kidney Injury in Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Interventions. JACC, Vol. 7, Jan. 2014.
ACIST CViTM Can Help Protect Renal Function During Angiography
ACIST CVi can help reduce and track contrast delivery during angiography procedures, reducing the potential risk for CI-AKI compared to hand manifold.9
9. Minsinger KD, Kassis HM, Block CA, Sidhu M, Brown JR (2014) Meta-analysis of the effect of automated contrast injection devices versus manual injection and contrast volume on risk of contrast-induced nephropathy. Am J Cardiol 113 (1): 49-53.
HDi COVID-19 Cleaning Letter
Receive guidance on how to clean the HDi System.
RXi COVID-19 Cleaning Letter
Receive guidance on how to clean the RXi System.